Thursday, August 21, 2014

Welcome!!

 Hi Everyone!!
 Welcome to Hayden's World History Blog!!
 You will find  Home Learning posted here and the day's plan.
 I would to let parents know, i have several places in the room I post information.
The daily plan is always on the white board with the Bell ringer and Home Learning.
The World History chart lets Students know where we have been and where we are going. This information is usually posted for the week or two weeks.Students are responsible for writing their work in their planner.

 The students have a table in my room with staplers, hand sanitizer, tape, hole punch,electric pencil sharpener and a place to turn in their Home Learning or make up work. Each class has their own in basket to turn their work in. work will be grade at the end of the day or by next class if possible.
 The students will also have a copy of the "Rituals and Routines" and home learning grading and expectations. These should be glued into their composition books for easy reference.
 Please feel free to email me, Failse@duvalschools.org. I will try to get back to you in 48 hours or less. If there is a holiday or family issue I may take longer to answer.
d
 I give homework/home learning passes to my student for good deeds, good answers ,or a compliment from and another teacher or administrator. The passes must have the students name and a stamp or signature from me, and can Only be used for homework/ home learning assignments; Never for tests, quizzes or projects. The passes are great for times you have a family emergency or going out of town. The student will receive a 100 grade for the pass when they turn it in. The pass is good only for one assignment and one time.
 I will pass out curriculum papers at Open House. This will enable me to go over the paper with you and answer any questions you have about the class. I tease the students by telling them "my job is make their lives miserable",  This is for the occasion they complain about a project or an assignment. I tell them it is like, when your parents ask you to clean your room, empty the dishwasher, etc. As a teacher I know there will be days they love me and days they don't, it depends on the test or homework! You as a parent will survive Middle school, adolescence is hard.
 Thank you!!

No comments: